Monday, March 19, 2007

Savior - An old movie

Watched Saviour on Star movies last night, but unfortunately missed the beginning. The movie was great and some of the scenes refuses to leave my mind and I guess will be eternally etched in my mind.

After watching this movie, one will hate religion more than ever. How can a Human being turn into a beast for the sake of religion? I am sure the real story was far more horrific than what was showed on the screen.

Come to think of it, the same life flows through all.. the rich and the poor, the kind and the cruel, the fat and the thin and when this life decides to leave the body for good.. none of these religions can bring it back. A religion is good, only when it teaches its followers, tolerance, patience, love, benevolence; irrespective of caste, color, creed or sex and they FOLLOW it in their lives. Otherwise it is good for none!

In this movie there is a scene where a group of Muslims are being killed by hammering their heads.. horrific..

I am not blaming any religion in particular because we have heard about them all...but.. will I behave thus in the same situation? Will I turn against my neighbours in the name of religion? It is good for us to ask ourselves these questions since the devil lurks in all of us – waiting to show its power- just like how goodness lies within each individual.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

clustermap