Wednesday, December 26, 2007

These are a few of my favourite things....

Rain drops and roses and whiskers and kittens.. thus she sang in the famous “Sound of Music”. A movie which millions repeatedly watch, yet wouldn’t mind watching it again. Well, we all have something which we like to see..so here I go...

1- On the top of my list is a smiling baby. All babies in the word are beautiful and innocent and when they smile.. they bring the heaven down to our earth! Look into their eyes and one cannot deny that they comprehend us. It is we who twist the heavenly wisdom that they are born with.

2- To hear a person laugh. Those guffaws of laughter that starts from the stomach. For that moment that person is the happiest on earth and it makes me happy too, to see someone laugh. I guess that is why I like all those comedians and humorists on earth. They make us laugh and maybe for silly stuffs but it make us happy.

3- An early morning drive anywhere on Earth. Everything is so fresh, even the faces. The roads are less crowded and you are on your own. Those moments can be very special and I don’t know why! The air itself is full of promises and assurances. Maybe it reminds me of the long trips made as a family when I was a child. Those carefree days with no care in the world except for teachers and examinations.

4- Opening an email from someone we care for. Those moments of expectations to read what he or she has written. To know that you were thought of and hence those few words maybe even across the globe.

5- Opening a gift. I guess this feeling is universal and I don’t need to elaborate, except for those who are gifted often and hence are bored with the whole process. Well.. they are unlucky I should say!

6- Shopping. This I am sure is only for the fairer sex and not for the rest. Don’t know why even why a window shopping can make one happy. I am sure I don’t have to go into details and scare my male readers.

7- Those quiet moments in a religious place. The peace that descends upon you is precious. I still remember the moments that I spent on Vivekananda Rocks at Kanyakumari inside the meditation hall (Dhyana Mandapam). There was absolute tranquillity and you could feel the presence of the Almighty. (This rock was built in 1970 by the Vivekananda Rock Memorial Committee in honour of the visit of the great spiritual teacher Swami Vivekananda to Shripada Parai during the month of December 1892 for deep meditation and enlightenment)

8- The smell of new clothes. Hey.. who doesn’t like that? Talking of smells: baby smell, the smell of earth after the first rain, the smell of fresh cement, some even like the smell of petrol like my Father.

9- To drink a glass of water when one is very thirsty. Haven’t you thought that was the tastiest item in world?

10- To see those faces from our childhood days other than our relatives. It is not easy to experience this since many could have moved around. But to see someone who has seen you growing up gives one a very happy feeling.

11- To see newly married couples. I love to see their hopeful faces. Their hands would normaly be linked and you can see the Husband caringly hold those hands. One can see the lingering smiles and remnants of laughter after having shared secret jokes. Now before I hear from hardcore bachelors/spinsters and frustrated couples, let me also add that I love to see even older couples who still enjoy each other.

12- To have a good book fall into your hands and settling down with it for a long read......nd now I am reading... I never thought Sawamiji could be so interesting.. I really hope my friend Maddy has more treasure to share on this one too...

Well.. this is all I could think of right now.. but I am sure there are many more and I would love to tag a few of my friends to see what they come up with. I know I still have some tags left which I myself have not completed.

1 comment:

  1. hey there - great one to end the year. that was a very positive one after the modi's results. but well, i guess he managed to convince his supporters...

    about vivekananda himself, i hv not done too much reading about his work other than his visit to kerala. but i got a comment on my blog about him that sort of surprised me, hv to find out it it is right!!

    happy new year to u & family..

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

clustermap