While searching the net to know the significance of MM Singh’s visit to US, I landed on this particular page and the five pillars.
Supposedly, these are the five pillars that our Prime Minister will uphold while in the US soil.
1. Strategic cooperation that includes arms sales, joint military exercises and joint military cooperation in combating maritime piracy off the coast of Somalia in the Gulf of Aden. (There are significant new sales on the horizon, up to $18 billion worth of contracts, for which American companies are competing)
2. The second pillar of the U.S.-India relationship is that of energy and climate change (India currently emits about 4 percent of the world’s greenhouse gases)
3. A third pillar is in economics, trade and agriculture. (Two-way trade with India was about $5 billion in 1990, rose to $14 billion in 2000 and reached nearly $50 billion in 2008, according to U.S. trade statistics.)
4. Cooperation in education ( India will open up the higher education sector to greater foreign investment)
5. Cooperation in science and technology ( $30 million science and technology endowment to be used for joint research and development, innovation, and commercialization.)
Hopefully we shall also hear MM Singh say that Pakistan needs to stop exporting terror etc etc etc etc...
- ► 2013 (16)
- ► 2012 (74)
- ► 2011 (34)
- ► 2010 (34)
- ▼ November (8)
- ► 2008 (78)