I guess the entire nation has been talking much on terror and even major police officers are busy doing their talks.
As for Idea, are they out for publicity?
Will the fund thus collected go for the purchase of safety gears or will the public be left in the lurch as usual?
If their main site shows the following:
*The campaign is an initiative of mobile operator, IDEA Cellular, which has a subscriber base of over 53 million across the country. The campaign will be supported across print, television, digital and outdoor media space. The funds accumulated from calls initiated from the network during the 'Talk for India Hour' will be donated to the Government.
Their terms and conditions shows thus..
Talk for India
Terms to be displayed on www.talkforindia.in
1. Idea will contribute an amount equal to Net Income from all voice calls originating from Idea numbers and made within India between 8:36pm and 9:36pm on 26/11/09 towards procuring safety gear for the police force.
2. Idea reserves the right to disburse the amount to a body / entity/ organization / person or to divide it amongst a number of bodies / entities / organizations / persons suitably identified by Idea for the purpose.
3. The process and time of disbursing the amount shall be solely at the discretion of Idea.
4. The time and manner of contribution will be decided solely by Idea.
5. Subject to Mumbai jurisdiction only.
Why did Idea Cellular chose to put the second condition if the money is going to the government of India?
Should one care?
Just keep talking....