Thursday, June 21, 2007
These numbers are startling:
•1 out of 3 children* are exposed to sexually explicit images online they did not want to view
(Previously 1 in 4 )
• 79%* of exposures occur at home
• 9%* occur at school
• *Not advising adults of exposures has also gotten worse
(*Youth Internet Safety Study-2)
• Average age of 1st exposure is 11 years old(Family Safe Media)
• Pornography is a tool frequently used by predators to lure and coax children--
• Pornography is now going "mobile"(cell phones, etc)
To continue reading, please check this site.. http://internetsafetyadvisor.info/pornography/
What disturbed me most was..
Pornography-after first exposure:
• The desire and need to keep coming back for pornographic images.
• * Escalation - The need for more explicit, rougher, and more deviant images for the same sexual effect.
• * Desensitization - Materiel once viewed as shocking or taboo is seen as acceptable or commonplace.
• * Acting out - The tendency to perform the behaviors viewed, including exhibitionism, sadistic/masochistic sex, group sex, rape, or sex with minor children
(Dr. Victor Cline, clinical psychologist at the University
- ► 2013 (16)
- ► 2012 (74)
- ► 2011 (34)
- ► 2010 (34)
- ► 2009 (52)
- ► 2008 (78)
- From GOC
- Rain water harvesting.
- Count Down
- Pornography and Child Predators
- Human Trafficking
- chronic myeloid leukaemia (CML)
- UN Declares Mahatma Gandhi’s Birth Anniversary As ...
- Power cuts
- Get Paid for Blogging
- Rajnikanth and Sivaji
- Internet Startup Entrepreneur and Money Making Ide...
- nd now this..
- Hot Breads
- Without the kids
- My Tree
- Blogging to Fame 2007 Awards
- Happy Birthday
- Happy Landing..
- Dont miss this!
- ▼ June (25)